Your contract is with:
Go Jersey Ltd trading as Go Jersey and Go Guernsey
Registered in England and Wales. Company number 11778147. Registered Address is Apt 29184, Chynoweth House, Trevissome Park, Truro, TR4 8UN.
1. YOUR HOLIDAY CONTRACT – when you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept on behalf of your party these terms and conditions. A contract will come into force between us as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is governed by English law and we both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts at all times.
2. FINANCIAL PROTECTION –
a) All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays in this brochure/on this website (delete as appropriate) are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.”
“We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
b) All monies paid to Go Jersey Ltd trading as Go Jersey in respect of package holidays are financially protected in accordance with and compliance of the EC Directive on Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tour Regulations 1992-SI 3288/1992.
We are members of Protected Trust Services (PTS) under membership number 5390. This arrangement means your money is held in a trust account, and will be released to suppliers once your holiday is complete. You will be refunded or you will be brought back to the UK (where your contracted holiday arrangements include return travel to the UK) if already abroad in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
3. DEPOSIT & FINAL PAYMENT – Unless you book 10 weeks or less prior to your departure date when full payment is required at time of booking, you must pay us: –
– a deposit as follows
Channel Islands Holidays & Breaks – Your deposit will be advised at the time of booking.
The balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 10 weeks prior to your departure date. We reserve the right to cancel the booking, should we not receive the balance by the due date indicated on your confirmation invoice, in which case your liability will be limited to the deposit paid which is not refundable. If you book 10 weeks or less prior to your departure we must received payment in full at time of confirming your booking. Deposit payments can be made by debit or credit card. Whilst balance payments can be made by cheque*, debit or credit card. *A cheque cannot be used as a payment within 6 weeks of travel.
4. TRAVEL INSURANCE – Travel insurance is not included. Go-Jersey Ltd fully recommend that travellers arrange adequate travel insurance.
5. AMENDMENTS – If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued you wish to alter your travel arrangements in any way (i.e. departure date, time, port or accommodation) we will do our utmost to assist you, although it may not always be possible to make an alteration to a booking. We will however make an administration charge of £25 per person, and any additional costs we incur in making this alteration. Should you wish to amend your booking within 4 weeks prior to your date of departure, we reserve the right to make a charge equal to the below cancellation fee – see paragraph 6.
6. CANCELLATION – You or any member of your party may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. This must be made in writing to Go-Jersey Ltd by the person who made the booking on your behalf. If the cancellation results in a person travelling alone a single supplement will be payable. Since we incur costs from the time your booking is made, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum set out below.
71 day or more prior to departure – deposit only.
70-57 days inc. – 50% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
56-43 days inc. – 75% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
42-29 days inc. – 85% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
28-22 days inc. – 90% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
21 day or less from departure – 100% of total holiday cost inc. deposit.
Note: If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an insurance policy, you may be eligible to reclaim these charges (subject to any policy excess)
7. HOLIDAY PRICE – We reserve the right to change published holiday prices or offers at any time, however once you have booked your holiday and paid the appropriate amount on booking, the price of your holiday as shown on your invoice is guaranteed and will not change unless you alter your booking. Prices shown are based on two sharing a room, travelling out and back on a mid-week date, as foot passengers. Subject to availability, we are able to offer many different room types, board basis and travel arrangements. Please enquire for correct price.
8. ITINERARIES – Published itineraries are intended for guidance only. Anticipated travel times will be shown on your confirmation invoice and final details will be provided closer to your departure date if at all different. Such itineraries will only be adhered to in so far as best practice in the operation of ships permit. Statutory speed limits, driver’s hours, and general sea conditions may require itineraries to be varied at the company’s discretion. Weather delays may facilitate repatriation by surface transport for trips operated in the winter.
9. TOUR ALTERATIONS / CANCELLATIONS / DELAYS – We reserve the right to make minor alterations to the published tour/holiday details at our discretion. Where it is necessary to make material alterations, or cancel a particular tour we will do our utmost to ensure that you are informed without delay and offered an alternative tour/holiday if available. Should this be unacceptable we will arrange a full refund of all monies paid. Please note that refunds do not apply when changes are made to accommodation details – See paragraph 13. Regrettably, coastal resorts occasionally suffer sea mists, fog and strong winds. If either your outward or return journey is delayed, we recommend that you have sufficient funds to obtain additional meals and accommodation. Under certain circumstances these costs may be recovered by insurance, which is strongly recommended. No claim for compensation or expenses due to adverse weather conditions will be considered. If however clients wish to cancel due to such delays or cancellations of the transportation, then full cancellation charges will apply and clients will be required to have adequate travel insurance to cover such circumstances should the situation arise. It is our policy that once you have checked in you are the responsibility of the carrier. We cannot accept responsibility if you miss your departure because you check in late. Neither Go-Jersey Ltd nor any of our suppliers can be held responsible for any consequential loss.
10. FAST FERRY – In the event that it is not possible to operate the fast ferry service, passengers will be transferred to the next available Condor Ferries service.
11. ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAYS – Include dinner with complimentary wine, bed & breakfast. Selected bar drinks are also offered – these normally include a bitter & a lager, house red & white wine, house spirits & draught mixers/soft drinks. Other drinks may be purchased from the bar in the normal way. Your entitlement starts at dinner on the day of arrival & ends with breakfast on the morning of departure, irrespective of your travel times.
12. HOLIDAY CONDUCT – Please note that we reserve the right to refuse to accept or retain any person as a client if their conduct is disruptive and affects the enjoyment of other holiday makers. We shall be under no liability for any costs incurred by such a person as a result of doing so. Hoteliers, ferry operators, etc. are legally entitled to deny admission or transport to any passengers acting in a disorderly manner likely to affect the enjoyment of other holiday makers. Any passenger who is denied admission or transportation shall be deemed to have given notice of cancellation of his/her booking at the moment.
13. ACCOMMODATION – In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to vary the accommodation details published for each holiday or tour. In such an event we will provide alternative accommodation of an equal or higher grading.
14. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE – When you travel by coach or ship, the conditions of carriage of that coach or shipping company apply. Some of those conditions limit or exclude liability and are often subject of international agreement between countries. Copies of the conditions, which apply to your holiday journey, are available for inspection at the office of the carrier concerned. While we will always endeavour to perform our contract, we cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delays or cancellations caused by war or threat of war, sickness, bad weather, acts of governmental or public authority or other circumstances amounting to a ‘force majeure’.
15. PASSPORT, OTHER ID, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
For security reasons passengers require photographic identification such as a valid passport or a photo card driver’s licence. Your specific passport and visa requirements and any other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any security, passport, visa or immigration requirements.
16. GENERAL – Whilst exercising due diligence, neither Go-Jersey Ltd or any of our suppliers hold themselves liable for any loss, damage, delay, detention, injury or any other misadventure arising from any cause whatsoever.
17. COMPLAINTS – If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier in the first instance (e.g. Hotelier) & our head office support team on 01704572479 whilst you are in resort, so as to enable us and/or our supplier to deal with this matter expediently. It is, therefore, a condition of this contract that you communicate any problem to the supplier of the services in question & our head office whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure, we cannot accept responsibility as we have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate & rectify the problem. Any complaints which cannot be resolved in resort, must be notified in writing to our customer relations department within 14 days of return. We regret that we cannot accept complaints after that time.
18. DATE OF ISSUE – 26/06/2019.
All information correct at time of publication – 26/06/2019 These terms & conditions supersede all previous editions.